Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by economiclawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

working in franklin and suffolk. my year is allmost done. if anyone gets the takling phone book ck out my add in the yellow pages and tell me what you think. its in the suffolk book and a smaller one in the smithfield/franklin book. thanks

2. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

May I ask how much it cost you to run those adds. THought about doing it my self but was not really sure about the financial part. Has is worked for you?

3. old oak lawn

big c. yellow pages has helped some/not like i thought it would. if you saw bouth adds half page in suffolk book $58.00 per month and smithfield/franklin {smaller add . $55.00 month .they said i had a deal last year in suffolk book and they would stick with it. bouth 12 month payment.i was going to have one in verrison but they said lawn and landscape was a high rick business and i would have to pay up front. and they are 3 times the price. i got my best account from a business card in a small pizza place in franklin. i thing flyers would work better then the yellow pages. but this year i am going to put my name everywhere i can.and i have none in smithfield. i had some in gov.point but rich people have trouble paying their bills.

4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

will retire if i had the extra cash laying around i would pick it up....

5. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

6. bigclawnman

Old Oak and Cutting 4 eva....hope you guys had a good holiday season. I am slow as crap now....how about you guys....

7. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yea its been real slow for me too ive just been hunting and striper fishing cause its that slow.. hopefully the next month or so will pick up. In the mean time im just getting ready for the season and servicing my mowers.

8. old oak lawn

BIG C we are slow, or to a stop now. cut my last one day before christmas. did some small tree removal the week before that. good thing i work 2 jobs.not full time yet maby this year,its looking good. right now iam getting everything in order for this year. mowers, trailer have a lot to do. we have kept all customers from last year and are looking for more. how about u.

9. old oak lawn

CUTTING 4EVA 21in your sig you have a 48inch bobcat for sale is u still have it tell me about it.

10. bigclawnman

Have not mowed since before Christmas either. Took a look at a couple of properties today here in Smithfield, and looks like I won't be doing any anytime soon. Kept 14 of my contracts from last year. Just went full time in July '07. Did a lot of mulching and leaf removal, kept me busy till now. Have some small jobs this week. When you planning on fertilizing again, premergent, etc....