Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by economiclawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Things are still slow right now just doin mulch jobs and estimates.. can't wait til the damn grass starts growing. I will take ya up on that oj or mt. dew i dont drink coffee either maybe before season kicks off??

2. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

Sounds good. Lets do it! Let me know when its good for you.

3. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Will do i will keep in touch.

4. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

big c i have no customers in smithfield at this time and dont plan on any. if some call i might take them on but it would have to be worth it for the drive. i try to stay in suffolk and franklin , trying to keep route tight and grow customers at the same time. driveing is big money lost for me in gas and time. waiting for bids to come back i know i have some but need more homeowners this year. i was doing this part time last year and i think i will be full time this year, i just dont know yet. good luck this year.

5. bigclawnman

Yeah good luck to you. I am debating to reign things in as well. Right now I got customers in Va Beach, Norfolk, Yorktown, Hampton, Suffolk, and Smithfield. Is that crazy or what? Spend a lot on gas, but trying to look long term. . Who knows if I can get 10 customers out in Va Beach then that is a route. If you know what I mean. Picked up some customers in Gov Point so trying to hit the Richer neighborhoods. You should try to hit that big rich section off of Pitchkettle, talking about money!!

6. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

big c. had 2 customers in gov. point last year verry first house on right as u go in and one in the left near the back cant remember his name but had a in ground pool in back yard. had to drop bouth. could not pay on time/forget/said they never got a bill all that bs. got tired of it. i am sure that there are good ones in there but not for me ?

7. bigclawnman

well I will def keep my open to that. Its amazing how people can be. They complaing about this and that and then pay late.

8. bigclawnman

old oak! Hey I was driving through Chuckatuck and saw one of your signs along the road. Just thought I would say hey. Cutting 4 eva.....when are we going to have that DEW bro. Old oak you can join us too. Things are starting to pick up a lot for me. How about you guys? Be safe and don't use to much gas.

9. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

BIG C when ever is good for you just let me know. Im acutally deciding to go to smithfield tommorow to look at a trailor there!! But maybe sometime next week if ya want. Are you closer to James River Bridge or Farther into smithfield. I know of the Burger King on 17 maybe we could grab some lunch??

10. bigclawnman

What are you doing Tuesday? I actually live on the other side of Smithfield out surry way. The nearest major road would put about a mile or 2 from the James River Bridge. Let me know.