Virginia Creeper

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 10, 2013.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Took over a large property with Virginia creeper throughout beds, did a cleanup but vine is still present in areas, what can I use to treat recurring vine?

2. Roundup kills it at 3 or 4 oz per gallon...read the label i can't remember exactly
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Already tried two applications a week apart and results were less than desirable .

4. What rate and describe less that desirable
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I have used Round-up 41% directly on the stems as close to the ground as possible. Spraying over top of this type of material will not kill off for good, especially when applied with water in such a small concentration.
    easy-lift guy

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

glyphosate - there is a product out there called aquaneat - which is a higher concentration of Gly I have found it is handy to have on hand for weeds that Quick Pro does not seem to control. However with that said I have used quick pro at 1.5 oz a gallon with a extra .5 oz of spreader stick per gallon on the Virginia creeper and had good results.

7. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

We will pull and or cut them off at the ground. when they grow back. we'll apply concentrate gly. by using a can and swab that pvc glue comes in. You can buy a new empty can/swab at irrigation supply stores. We find that suppression is sometime a better approach than eradication.

8. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I believe your plan will have the best results,although more labor intensive the results should speak for themselfs.
    easy-lift guy