Virginia : How many weeks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Man of La., Aug 26, 2004.

1. Green Man of La.

Green Man of La. LawnSite Member

How many weeks of the year are mowable in the Virginia area, specifically Sterling, VA?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

27 give or take.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im on the other end of the state(southern end) and we are closer too 32 weeks here, generally last week in march till the 1st week in nov

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You can easily get 30 weeks. Sometimes 32-34. Starting from end of March thru mid-Nov.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I go for 40 to 44 cuts for all of my year round accounts (weekly spring, summer, fall and bi- weekly during winter)

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Green Man of La, You can't be moving into my neck of the woods........just kidding. Richard was a little on the light side with 27 and Hoolie was closer with the 30-32. When are you thinking of coming up this way?

Gravely_Man

7. Green Man of La.

Green Man of La. LawnSite Member

Gravely_Man, not sure if it is a sure thing; wife might need to relocate. I'll keep ya posted.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

That's because his lawns haven't kicked in 'til late April and he is done at the first frost... Isn't that right Mr Crabgrassman? :laugh:

31 seems to be the average for me.. up here.

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

BTW Richard.. if you peek back in here.. Will there be a Maryland BBQ this year? I know last year was a bust. If there is... I will absitively-posolutely be there.