Virginia LCO's: How's Business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1A Lawn Care, Apr 14, 2006.

1. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Im new to the business and I'm curious as to how things are for the rest of virginia. Im hoping to start getting those calls!

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Just now really starting to pick up. We are about 6" low for rainfall so far this year. I've barely cut any yards without irrigation.

Lot's of install work though this spring that makes up for the lull.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

We mowed about 90% of our lawns this week. Most of them were easy but a few were getting pretty shaggy.

4. Aadman

Aadman LawnSite Member
    from VA

I'm a first year newbie but like business so far. I've been doing a number of spring cleanups and so far have 10 seasonal contracts, 2 year round ones, and I have 3 quotes to do today.

Joe

5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

Busy Busy Busy !!!!! we did about 75% of our lawns this week and still doing some clean up and new installs should be a full schedule next week. looking forward to it

6. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Starting to pick up for me. Its my first year, but im getting a contract every couple of days and installs constantly.

7. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

You guys enjoying the rain today? I seeded and prepped 6 new constructions last week and was starting to get worried about it not growing since it was so dry.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

slow but steady here

my prices are high is one reason ...

9. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where to get an enclosed trailer in VA? I need it quickly ... moving to Florida.

10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Been really busy since late Feb. We're about a week behind schedule on spring cleanup and mulch installs. Lawnjockey51, check out Mid-Atlantic trailers in Mechanicsville.