1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Virginia, Metro Richmond Area

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by legacyscape, Feb 24, 2008.

1. legacyscape

legacyscape LawnSite Member

We are a 1 or 2 crew (depending on the season) full service landscaping company. I am looking to network with anyone wanting to discuss subjects such as vendors, advertising, area pricing and any other business related topics that would help benefit everyone and help each other to grow. I am a big believer in networking. We have been in business since 2002 and in 2005 I joined a small local referrals group. Since that time we have grown at a very rapid pace compared to before joining. I fully understand the power that networking is capable of and am hoping to find someone like minded and have open honest conversations with about our industry. Let me know what you think!

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey shawn, welcome to Lawnsite im a little further from Richmond we service the hampton roads mainly suffolk,portsmouth,chesapeake. But id be glad to talk to you about networking and business.
  3. legacyscape

No problem, glad you responded! The weather is Finlay starting to break and the phones starting to ring making me a happy man!!!! Hope things are starting to pick-up on your end too.
  4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Things are a little slow as of right now just doin a bunch of mulch jobs. Can't wait til the grass starts growning!!!
  5. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

Hey guys from virginia. I'll be moving to the mithlotian area at the end of a year and was wondering what is the market down there like. I live in New Jersey now and I can't catch a break for the pass 2 years working an average of 90 hour weeks.
  6. sumovato

sumovato LawnSite Member

Pretty new to the biz, stil doing part time. I am in the northern Richmond area.
  7. scout279

scout279 LawnSite Member

Hey I am up in Ashland although most of my work is in the Richmond area. Don't really know many others that I talk to in the biz but would be glad to get to know any one in the area.
  8. legacyscape

Hey Scout279,

Hope you had a good 4th! We operate out of Amelia but exclusively work in Chesterfield. Business has been good so far this year with things starting to slightly slow down now which is normal for this time of year.

What is the main type of work you mostly go after?

We do a lot of installs. Plants, mulch, sod ect... We also have a decent maintenance rout established. Mostly all full property maintenance accounts on 12 month contracts. As you know fuel id getting to be a huge issue so we are trying to adapt the best we can.

Anyway email me at legacyscape4u@hotmail.com if you want ton talk.

9. browningv308

browningv308 LawnSite Member

lynchburg va. here a little further away from everyone else but would love to get know some other people in this bizz
  10. USI Lawns

USI Lawns LawnSite Member

Salem, Va. Also a member of a networking group. Works out well. Also would like to talk other fellow landscapers in Va.