Virus Alert! (Lynn Gorrell)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I just got an email... Don't open anything that looks like this...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: undisclosed recipients

Subject: Demand for our new

Also, since implementing the
    new distribution method for this product line, we've received several
    commendations
    from customers on our speedy service. I hope we will experience similar results
    when
    we start selling the new hydroponic gardening supply kit online.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful!

2. Lawn-Scapes

Attached was a file called boomingbat

3. Lynn what ya doing dude, trying to give it away? LOL

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Im guessing Lynn's puter has been infected with this virus and the virus is sending itself out to everyone in h<b><font size = big>IS</b></font size = big> address book.

5. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Chuck, Lynn is not a "her". I don't know how I got "infected" again, but I've run my virus scan and it's shows a clean slate. I'd like to find the s***head that gets his jollies by screwing with other people's lives. Sorry for the unsolicitated(virused)emails........Lynn

6. Administrator

Sorry, that was a typo... as you can see that reply was left at 3:00a.m.

After 20 hours straight my eyes start to cross, I actually get little sores in my eyes... yellow, then all the veins swell up in my eyes.

I know how you feel about the puter virus.. ive had my fair share of DISASTERS in the past... now, I have Norton System Works monitoring my system all the time. I also have it set to update my virus definitions daily.

Chuck

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I also got one from Lynn yesterday. It was addressed to undisclosed-recipients and it was a bid that should be sent to M. Huber's Facility that has an attachment with a virus in it. My Norton's caught the virus and removed it. Some one doesn't like Lynn it seems. I hope he can get it all straightened out.

Lynn, try putting an e-mail persons name of !0000 and it will be the number one address on your list. That is supposed to stop viruses from emailing to everyone on your list.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lynn.. I knew through correspondence that you were not responsible.. I think :p Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

Eric.. I haven't had a chance to say.. Nice to have you back!

C'mon Admin... How was that a typo? :rolleyes:

9. Administrator

Seconds before I replied to an email from a lady named "Mrs. Lynn Winters"... she had sent me an email requesting information on how to find parts for her mower that had been discontinued since the mid 70's.

Why are you second guessing me? If I tell you its a typo, its exactly that. Don't mince words.... and don't call me a liar.

<i>*apparently I need a power nap*</i>

10. Lawn-Scapes

I apologize.. Mr. Administrator. I was not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. Just pokin' a little.. :D

In my defense... I just couldn't see how you mistakenly typed an 'e & r' instead of an 'i & s'.

But now from your explanation I see it was a mental error ( not to imply you are mental :p ) and not a typo at all... ;)

Again I'm sorry and feel really bad about it.

Please don't kick me out :cry: