Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

If anyone here recieves an e-mail with an attatchment that starts off with a story that has something to do with snow White and the 7 dwarfs, DELETE IT!! My virus checker picked up a virus in it.

I don't like to point fingers, but I do believe it has something to do with one of the members here because I have both MSN and AOL screennames posted in my signature, and this is the only place I posted my hotmail account. Never did I put both together. I guess some people have more time on their hands than work, but thank God there not smarter than my virus checker!!

The address that it came from was:, but I wasn't able to reply back.

If anyone hears anything else about this I would love to know so please e-mail me.

Thank You in Advance!!

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I received that email. But, I did not open the .exe file. I never open a .exe in a email from someone I dont know.

Maybe one of the member that know a little about internet security can help us with this one. ?? Maybe if you can get the header of the email we can track down this user. I am moving this to the commercial forum so it can be seen.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

4. Guido

I thought it was just me that had a secret enemy from here.

Thanks a lot Chuck, I really appreciate it. Good thing I got the virus check because when I'm half asleep and my box is full I just start clicking. I guess I'll be a little more careful now.
  5. powerreel

powerreel Banned

MSN let that slip through their Hotmail? Or was it an ICQ file? Just curious...
  6. Guido

I don't know what Chuck got it through but I got it in my Hotmail and AOl accounts. Hotmail lets it go through but it warns you before it opens and gives you the chance to delete it before you open it. I don't think AOL does a check at all though, so its a good thing I saw the hotmail one first!!
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I received the email 3 separate times. Didnt open it any of the times.

Trying to trace the header proved fruitless.
  8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not from Lawnsite???

A friend was telling me about this exact same message last night. She got it yesterday(?)

This person has never even visited this site, so it is probally something widespred, and not unique to LS.
  9. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I got the message, too in my e-mail yesterday. Not many people have my e-mail address since I recently went to a cable connection. I did, however change it here in my profile. I doubt anyone here intentionally sent it to any of us, but if I am not mistaken, it sends itself to anyone you e-mail if you open it and acquire the virus.
    So if it was picked up from a member here, it was probably a mistake.

PS Idid not open it because I had already heard of this one.
  10. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I recieved that e-mail 3 different times. I never open anything that has a sender that I never heard of. I just went to my deleted files and emptied them That message came 3 different weeks.