1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Virus from John Allin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Allin, Nov 28, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Be warned... I had a virus invade my puter and it got sent out to anyone I have had contact with over the past few months. If you get an email from me with nothing in the subject line, delete it immediately.

The newest update from Norton will catch it and quaranteen it, however unsuspecting people may inadvertantly open in and allow it to proliferate.

My apologies to anyone that got that virus message.
  2. To avoid spreading computer viruses, create a contact named !0000 in your email address book with no email address in the details.

!0000 will always be the first contact in your address book.

If a virus attempts to do a "send all" on your contact list, your pc will put up an
    error message saying: "The Message could not be sent. One or more recipients do not have an e-mail address. Please check your Address Book and make sure all the recipients have a valid e-mail address."
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

That's pretty good!
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

In the past JAA would help us, now he's trying to kill our puters.;)

I guess its a good thing we haven't emailed in a few months. I didn't get it.:blob3:
  5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you. I've passed that on here.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Good Idea Plymouthvaliant, I have that contact in my Addy Book ;)

Another good thing is get the lastest 2002 Norton Antivirus program, it checks for viruses even on outgoing email.