Virus from John Allin

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by John Allin, Nov 28, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Be warned... I had a virus invade my puter and it got sent out to anyone I have had contact with over the past few months. If you get an email from me with nothing in the subject line, delete it immediately.

The newest update from Norton will catch it and quaranteen it, however unsuspecting people may inadvertantly open in and allow it to proliferate.

My apologies to anyone that got that virus message.

2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Its going around. Got an e-mail from my lawyer, labeled "cover letters" Opened it and it crashed my outlook express and infected 56 files. Caught it with PC Cillan. I guess it automatically selects your e-mail addresses and sends itself back out. Called them and they knew what had happened right away, just couldn't get to everyone in time.

3. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

If you use a software firewall you can stop the any e-mail virus from spreading from your computer. I use zonealarm, free version at the bottom of the site page, and it prompts me whenever it needs to access the internet.

This prevents e-mail being sent without my knowledge.

I am providing a link. I simply think that this is a usefull, free program. If this violates any of the Lawnsite rules then I apologize.

The link is provided below.

http://www.zonealarm.com/

Jim L