Virus from Lawnsite

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by dcondon, Nov 4, 2004.

1. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Is anyone having a problem getting a virus from lawnsite????? I have got three in the past few days. Computer has to go in and getting fixed tomorrow.
  2. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

There is SPYWARE out there called LSASS.EXE, this ISN'T from LS but from XP. Call Microsoft about it.... OR switch to Windows 2000- or LINUX.
    After you get your machine back, look into SPYBOT, donate too, cause it's FREE, ( my FAVORITE Price!!! )
    Good luck!
  3. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Last I used my lap top it was left on an LS forum page,None of the buttons

would respond to the mouse, when I returned after a while.

So I turned of the puter and it wouldn't reboot past the Dell logo with the press f2 to start at the bottom.Think it was f2.

Had norton up to date ,all windows updates to date ,fire walls up.

Anyway. I just got around to dropping it off at the shop.Have three puters here and just got sick of dealing with it , so I took it in this time.

That happened about the first week of September.

I have xp.

Don't know what caused it yet,sure they will tell me.

I don't think it was a problem with LS though.

Guess its easy to blame the last place it was.LOL

Thought I would post this to see if your problem was similar.
  4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My wife said something happened to the puter while I was on lawnsite. I am a dummy with the puter still. :dizzy:
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

yup me too!!!! My wife is the one that figured it out. I don't do much on here except check my mail and look at lawnsite and plowsite. The virus always shows up when I'm looking at some pic's on lawnsite.
  6. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

there is some SPYWARE issue w/ LS.... but not a virus. Unless you have your machine set to download anything...
    That said:
    Nortans antivirus, with some settings applied- I have noticed some interesting "cookies"....
    but that said, chuck may take account of his readers, and where they've been surfing, but he doesn't promote virus downloads!
    A good webmaster will not collect info on his hits, BUT advertisers want to see that info....
    Once again, I still think you have a SPYWARE problem with LSASS.EXE...
    do a google search on LSASS.EXE and see what you get....
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If any of yall use yahoo they have a good and free anti spy ware and pop up blocker for free, really works well too, I was about to toss the pc out the back door
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

wow this is ironic, i did a total system virus scan a few days ago, i came up virus clean but 14 infected areas of spyware. none of which norton was able to delete. i think they are from lawnsite as well, any way we can stop this?!
  9. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

When I first got my computer all I could hear was Noron this and Norton that. Well I installed Norton but the second time around I installed McAfee and guess what? I had dozens of virus and worms that Norton had let in. Now I use only McAfee Virus-Scan and firewall. Norton does not live up its reputation. There are FREE anti-virus software on line that works better than Nortons.
  10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a computer genius, so I will not sit here and guarantee something I know very little about. But Pierre on the other hand, is an expert....I will have him check into this. But my guess is that LawnSite is not responsible only becasue in the past this same issue was brought up and it was proven LS had nothing to do with it. But again, to be sure, I will have it looked at.