Visa , Mastercard

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Sir mowsalot, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Im kicking around the idea of accepting credit cards. Seems to me that it might be a good idea to draw in more work, especially in those situations where a son or daughter wants to give the parents a shrub trimming gift or some other lawn work. Is there anyone here who accepts them. If so do they work, and are there any drawbacks to it.

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've thought about using debit cards for billing purposes, but next year I will more likely stick with paper billing. It costs to do both electronic and paper billing, so I'm not sure which is cheaper. I have to admit, though, the paperwork is a colossal nuisance.

I'm going to do a search on this subject here at lawnsite before I decide which way to go, but my guess is that many customers have no problem with electronic billing, but some will prefer paper. Not sure I'm up for two types of billing.

3. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

check out propay. worth it.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

check out my website and click on online bill pay. and i have on the links page were you can sign up with paypal

5. Mark McC

What percentage of your customers pay this way?

6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

since im starting out 3 of my 7 customers pay this way i use to send emails with links now they just go there to the website of mine

7. Mark McC

My guess is that the retirees on my route would not use electronic payment, but they're not the ones who are always late.

8. jawinchester

jawinchester LawnSite Member

We accept credit cards and I do it online thru Quickbooks! It pretty slick!
    Definately something to look into!

9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

what percentage do you have to pay to paypal if you are using them?

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Frontier,

You did a great job with your site, setting it up to accept credit card payments too!