Visa????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnworks, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I got some info on a visa dealer. Let me know what you think. $30 a month w/ 2% transaction fee. The part I don't like is the machine is leased w/ a 48 month contract or $750 outright payment for the machine. Does anybody know of any better deals out there? Has anybody been able to reach more customers b/c of credit cards?

2. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We use Quickbooks, payments by CC have to be called into the office. No extra cost for the machine and the secrtary (my wife) punches in the numbers in the comp and presto ! This may not be what you need but works for us. We don't get paid by CC to often.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We use the Lawn and garden dealer's association..best around IMO..get the info here:
    www.lgda.com
    They are in the green industry for the green industry, and many other benefits with their programs..

4. Lawnworks

from usa

Looks like you can get a terminal there for $99 instead of $750.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I pay around $30 per month for processing. It's just a phone-in system, although they did make me buy the imprinter thing initially for $35. I've only actually seen 1 credit card in person since I started.

6. Lawnworks

from usa

how many a month do you do? Do advertise that you do credit cards?

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i like this company it also supports telecheck so you know if the customer has bounced checks else were before you accept it from them products/terminal/lp_eclipse.htm

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Right now only 3 customers (out of 65) use their CC on a regular basis. A couple others do so now and then. I've always had it printed on my invoices that they can use this option. I dunno, I assumed more people would want to do this. If it doesn't pick up a bit for next year I may drop it.

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

set up a paypal account, then show the customers how to pay through that. If you then set up a paypal debit card the fees are only 1% and no monthly fee. If the customer can use email they can pay on paypal.

10. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

I like the paypal idea...what is your opinion of it and how hard was it to set up?
    Is it worth it for a growing business? How difficult is it for your clients to set up and pay? Is it worth it for them and how difficult is it for you to track?

Compared to visa.....?

Compared to waiting for the check in the mail....?

Thanks, man!