1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Vista Print

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dewos, Feb 23, 2007.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I talked to someone who had the 1000 for 7 or so dollars at office max and the cards were like paper. Vista Print has quality cards actually really nice cards. You can make your cards any way you want. Vista print has good quality cards for cheap 250 for 5.25 most places are alittle more expensive then that. But then again everyone has their own opinion and mine tends to be that vista print has nice cards. Anyone else order from there? Did you like their service/quality?

2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Besides grass cutting, I also represent a Russian artist and I was in a gallery in Philadelphia yesterday talking shop with the gallery owner and I noticed a stack of postcards featuring the work of 2 local artists. It was a screwed up print job, done by Vista Print. They didn't print the back, and on the glossy color side they printed the crop marks and left them there. ??? Well, the gallery owner ended up getting them for free.

I have observed here that people seem to be generally satisfied with Vista.
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used vista print for a few years and they have always had quality products I highly recommend them
  4. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Thats the same with me and Never had a problem with them... Even used their customer service
  5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Haven't had any problems with them. knock on wood. there email list gets annoying, they send you 3 emails a day about sales. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  6. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Yah I have a second e-mail adress for that and this site because I get alot of e-mail just from here.
  7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

They are probably "okay". What I appreciate, is that you didn't call them free. There's a money hook one way or another. But it is affordable.

You have to get up to about $19 per 1000 for a "card stock" paper feel.

And probably $35 per 100 for something with a couple of print colors: not sure about paper color.

But from what I've seen in 30 years of looking in catalogues and exchanging business cards, if someone isn't paying $40 to $150 per 1000, it may not matter whether they did feel like typing paper or cardstock.

Ever seen the aluminumn business cards? Looks like a credit card only smaller and with more style. I'll bet they are 50 cents each, give or take. I don't use those, but it came to mind.

Some business people realize that a business card is supposed to be a higher grade of printed material similar to a resume - both in design and paper quality.
  8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered the free cards ($5+ for shipping). Was happy with the way they looked until I turned them over. One the back they print "business cards are FREE at www.vistaprint.com!"

I have yet to give one out. You could not get any tackier than this...I would like your business, but I am too cheap to pay for business.

It would be nice if they would tell you that BEFORE you order.;)
  9. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You get what you pay for. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they made money on you from what was probably an excessive shipping fee.
  10. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I knew they would make money off of me or they wouldn't offer deals like this. Oh well, $5.00. Live and Learn.:hammerhead: