Vista SL-4260 BSN Rail light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by klkanders, Jul 31, 2008.

1. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I need 2 of the Vista rail lights w/brass plate to complete a project I am working on.
    Does anyone happen to have a couple they wish to part with? Thanks!

Keith

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Why not go through your distributor? If they don't carry Vista, I know that Longhorn does. I don't have any in stock right now or I would be happy to sell you a couple.

3. klkanders

from Midwest

Thanks Paul I might check with Rich and see if they have any in stock. I was just trying to avoid the 2 week timeframe if they had to be ordered from Vista.

Keith

4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Their supposed to ship within 24 hours.

5. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

That's a laugh. Maybe 24 hours after they process the order, then another 4-5 days travel time.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, you need to fire your distributor. I get my orders in 4 days, 5 if I order later in the day.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good gosh!! i get my stuff in 3 days tops! Its comin from florida.

8. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm two weeks as well if JDL doesnt have them in another location and they order from vista.

9. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I don't use much Vista, so I really don't know. I was just being sarcastic. My distributor and I have been doing business for quite some time, and they have a pretty good handle on what I use most. They stock massive amounts of what I typically order, and it doesn't hurt that they are a hub for their other locations as well. I do know, from experience, that it makes quite a difference in delivery time if the distributor sits on the order and doesn't send it to the manu right away. I had to jump up and down on a couple of occasions to get them to stop doing that, but that was several years ago.

10. klkanders

from Midwest

Geez I didnt mean to start an argument guys. :) I have no idea how long it takes to get things from Vista generally. I once orderd a Vista fixture thru JDL and it turned out to be a pain plus I had to wait awhile to get it. Can't remember how long it took. I usually get all my stuff from Gerry at TerraDek in a day or two unless they dont happen to have it in stock so that is great ......but he doesn't carry Vista. I have ordered things from both coasts and if they process my order right away I have it in 4 days. That is UPS ground. Thats not bad considering I am about smack dab in the middle of the country....a little north. Think about it tho.... if a distributor sits on your order request for a few days and the manu. does the same it can get to be a couple weeks.

This is why I just asked if anyone had a couple they werent going to be using for awhile. It could end up being much quicker for me. Thanks everyone!

Keith