Vista

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by niagara, Feb 9, 2007.

1. niagara

niagara LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Has anyone updated to the new Vista op. system yet? Any feedback on it?

Cheers

2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

nope, i am happy with and will be continuing o be happy with my XP os for years to come, or at least until microsoft works out the kinks

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Seems like there is a few problems with it. I thought I would upgrade as soon as it came out. But now I will definitely wait. XP on my laptop is fine with me. Shoot, on my desktop I run ME!!! It does great.

4. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I may wait for awhile before upgrading too. Also, Im thinking of going to Mac next PC update, just dont know what software is available for it.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I have it on my new laptop.

I think its alot different than XP.

Honestly alot of things are different. It will take awhile to figure it all out.

6. motoguy

motoguy LawnSite Member

After years and years of PC usage (Windows years consisted of Windows 3.1, Win 95, Win 98, Win ME, Win 2k, Win XP), I switched to Macs about 2 years ago.

I couldn't be happier, or more satisfied with my decision. I still have a Win machine running XP alone in a corner...but I can't remember the last time it was used...

7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Macs cost too much money and are too limited as far as gaming. I like to build my computers and switch out parts etc...They are only 2.5% of market share.

8. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Still running XP.
    F.Y.I. Anyone who bought a new computer w/windows XP between Oct. 06' and March 07' is eligible for a free Vista upgrade.

9. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

My GFs computer quit and she was forced to buy a new one. The only thing we could find locally was Vista computers.

There were several problems with program compatibility and she was eventually forced to install XP on the new computer.

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Are there still issues with vista and quickbooks?