1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nh928, Mar 25, 2005.

1. nh928

nh928 LawnSite Member
    from NY

I'm new to this business and was wondering if anyone had used vistaprint.com for anything. I was thinking of ordering postcards from them, but read some reviews that said they were a rip off. And, does anyone know anywhere better to go for postcards?
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure about post cards but I really like there buisness cards
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I used vistaprint for my business cards and was extremely happy with them, fast quality and I paid the extra to have them expedited. It was still vastly cheaper than going the local printer route. I have not used them for anything else but would highly recommend them for business cards.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i'll post some thoughts on vista's postcards as i ordered a small test run of 2,500 4/4 5.5"x8.5" postcards. i wanted to compare them to 48hour, who i've been very happy with for postcards, businees cards, and flyers. i'm in the same state as some of 48hour's operations, so i get hit with a sometimes "healthy" sales tax.

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use vistaprint for business cards, post cards, magnets, ect. Been very happy with them.
  7. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

VistaPrint is great! Dont order anything right away. Sign up and they will send you emails for up to 90% off the regular price!

I was very happy with the business cards I received. 1000 full color, glossy, with shipping was $18.50. Also the "standard shipping" was much faster than the 2-3 weeks they said it would be. It only took 1 week!!
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I used vista print for my postcards and bcards this spring. I am very happy with their sevices. Just check out the link in my signature.

9. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I had doorhangers made by 48hourprint.com, and I was not that happy with the quality of work on the job I received. Sure the price was right and my stuff was delivered fairly quickly, but overall, it should have been better. I had the printing done in 4-color process. I did the art myself and submitted the file through their online ordering system. Before submitting the art, I made sure the color was the way I wanted, by proofing the art on my own "photo-quality" printer. The colors looked really good, so I sent them the files. The stuff I received looked somewhat "washed-out", and the green areas looked dull. Not only that, but their Bindry process is sloppy. The cards were cut off-center and nearly cut off some of my wording. I know I had at least 1/8" between the edge and my wording, and the cut was right on the edge of the first sentence. Also with a doorhanger, you have a circle cut-out and a slit that runs off the edge. The slit on most of my cards was not cut all the way through, so every time I put one of them on a door handle, I had to tear the slit through to be able to hang the card. I think I will try someone else the next time.
  10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I used vista for a 2000 postcard order. Awesome customer service, and like mentioned above used one of their e-mail coupons they sent me. The woman I was dealing with told me she was having trouble entering the 20% coupon and would call me back. I thought it would end up in a cancel, but instead she gave me 30% off. 2000 cost me $123! I think now on their site it's about $159. Going for 10k next.