voltage regulator?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Snapperman, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Snapperman

Snapperman LawnSite Member

I have a kawasaki fb460v 12.5 hp engine on my 30" snapper and i noticed the voltage regulator on it had melted (the one with the 2 prongs) so i went to the repair shop and ordered a new one and i noticed when i went to pick it up this one had 3 prongs on it and the old one had 2 prongs but next to the voltage regulator there was another box shaped divice that was hooked up with one wire, so what i am wondering does this new one replace both the old regulator and the other divice (with the 1 prong) that is about the same size?

Please only professionals because i dont want to fry this voltage regulator (the cost of another new one is $40, and dont want to spend another 40, thanks)

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

You need to sent some pictures. I am a professional and you have me stumped on this one.

3. Snapperman

Snapperman LawnSite Member

well it appears that the shop i ordered it from got the wrong voltage regulator because i went down there today and explained it all to them and they pulled up a diagram on the situation and it turns out that there is two different voltage regulators that they had and they just ordered the wrong one, so it was a big misunderstanding but thank you anyway for trying to help:)