Vonage........

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KenH, Dec 21, 2004.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Anyone else use this service yet??? It is a phone service over a broadband connection. My bro in law turned me onto it a month ago, and I have been using it ever since. 25$ per month flat rate for all calls in the US, includes caller id/call waiting, fowarding, etc. Check it out. It is saving me about 45$ per month over my old phone bill!!! plus I get more features. check it out. Vonage.com

If you are interested in signing up, let me know as I can get us both 1 free month................

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Have used it for my residential service for over two years now. Have been very happy and worked with them through the ups and downs of their network buildout.

It's down to 24.95 a month and I think when I started it was over 34.00.

Good stuff but I wouldn't ever use it for my biz line. If the net goes down, you are out. I can't have that! And you can't have your name in the local directory here in NH if you choose Vonage.

3. KenH

from CT

Wow.....I wasnt aware it was around that long!!!!

Yeah, I have my DSL on my business line, so I dont think I will be changing that line over......but it is great for the house line, plus all long distance calls!!!! the 25$ gets you unlimited calls, I think is is 15$ for 500 outgoing minutes if you choose that plan.

They give us a choice if we wanted to be in the local directory or not......

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Internet Protocol phones are still relatively new for most people but telemarketers used them way before anyone else. SIP phone is another company. I've heard on Vonage but haven't used them. Our cable company offers phone service now and it is done over the internet but it sounds weird. When Cable would go out we lost TV, Internet and Phone. Local utility now looking into providing broadband, phone and internet over the electrical grid. System needs some modification but soon all services will be really cheap.

5. KenH

from CT

I was so tired of being raped by our local carrier......35$ flat rate, plus caller id, plus taxes, plus call waiting, plus long distance, plus penny service fees here and there........

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi KenH,

One of clients has been giving us rave reviews about Vonage as well.

7. Ecobjs

Ecobjs LawnSite Member

We have been using it for about a year. Works great, as long as the internet carrier is dependable. Luckily we have it setup to forward to mobile phones if down, so no big problem there. We did, however, have some startup problems with the box they sent.. it had been reconditioned and so was the next one they sent. 1 more box later and the problem was solved. No other issues todate. I recommend it.