Vote for best walk-behind aerator!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Oct 26, 2007.

?

Vote for Best WB Aerator!

1. Ryan

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Classen Split-Drive

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Bluebird

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Turfco Turnaer

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Other

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I am buying an aerator in Spring '08. What's your vote for the best one? I don't like the Plugr, so it's not listed here, if you must vote for it, vote for other. I have WB hydro mowers, so a pull-behind or JRCO is also not listed. I will take your votes into consideration when buying, thanks!

At this time, I'm leaning to the Classen split-drive, or the Ryan.

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

With the Billygoat aerator you dont have to be a WWF wrestler on roids. Check it.

3. naturescape

How is it on turns? Is it self-propelled from the trailer to the job? If not, is it easy to push?

4. warren piece

warren piece LawnSite Member

The Billy Goat is self propelled front wheel drive. Tines must be out of the ground before turning.

5. naturescape

Well, the Billy Goat is looking like the best way to go so far.........

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Plugr Period.

7. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Plugr X2. For commercial use I prefer well thought out, simple design, doesn't kill me to operate or kill my business acct. balance for repairs. I just like things simple and easy. No hassles.

8. naturescape

UPDATE

Well, I've tried the Billy Goat EZ aerator, rented one yesterday. It's the WORST aerator I've ever rented! It was almost like new, and yet nearly unusable. It's going right back this morning. If I buy an aerator next year, at this point I'm leaning to the Ryan. It's still the best one I've used. If I have it on my trailer for a few weeks in fall, and just aerate a yard or 2 a day, it won't beat me up like it does when I have to rent it and aerate all day long.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have run a Lesco 26" unit, a Ryan 19" & 26" and currently own a Classen CA18. The Classen is a nice unit but the tiny tire in the front does not give you all that much traction. Also, the smaller 18 & 19" units hate working hills. The 26" units were good for hills.