1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Vote: Weather at top

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckwk, Oct 11, 2003.

Weather at top, yes or no

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  3. I could care less! / or... I never even knew it existed in the first place!!

22 vote(s)
  1. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Do you guys like the weather at top of LawnSite.com homepage or not. Right now its gone cuz the weather thing was messing up. Please vote via this poll and follow up with any comments in this thread.

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a nice/handy thing to have, but if it is/becomes a problem on your end, it's not critical, but thanks for the feature.
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I usually need more info on the forecast than what is at the top.
    I use Accuweather which give me more info online plus I pop the weather radio on as soon as I get up.

Nice of you guys to provide the info but if it went away it wouldn't be a problem... at least for me
  4. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto. Its just teling what is going on outside, but I can turn around, walk 5 feet, and look out the window too. What WOULD be helpful is if it was like a 3 or 5 day forecast for our area. I think www.weather.com (The Weather Channel) has a java applet to add to web pages free that links to their site, and updates automaticly.
  5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

HuH? Mines working fine. What do you mean it's gone?
  6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I dont use it..I come in at The User Control Panel... but I do appreciate the fact that the feature's there (or was)....... I also found it to be less than what I desired, and I have The Weather Channel site, at my zip code, on my favorites.. one click, and I've got MY LOCAL weather...... not 50 miles away, not even 20, but right here!
  7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well the weather was always about 3 or 4 hours old anyhow and doesnt do much good. I just look out the window to see what its doing.
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I honestly have to say I don't pay attention to it.
    I check the weather 2 times a day.
  9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

That's because you are prolly still pointing to http://server2.lawnsite.com

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never use it. I get all my weather from