Vride, TrimStar, or Quiktrak?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lego, Jun 28, 2013.

1. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

look to see if you can get a pro-v still and put a sulky on it. They were on sale, a 52 was $4800. The velocity decks are awesome.

2. rbl525

rbl525 LawnSite Member

I just got the 52 V-ride. It's the best mower I have ever used. I looked at the 48 also. I went 52 for the bigger gas tank and more rollers. The only problem I've had is roofing nails with the storm damage out here. I'm considering switching to all V-ride, and I never would have thought I would consider a 36 rider.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

I think I am sold on the v-ride. The velocity deck just looks hands down way better than the trim star deck.
    The only issue I have is the price - my dealer doesn't move alot of equipment so the prices are always higher. May need to travel out of the area to find a better deal.

thanks for the feedback.

4. lego

No one has any experience on the Quiktraks?
    Comparing them - the Quiktraks specs are greater than the vrides though. 9.2 mph kawi engines, 7 gauge steel decks I do not think they are the 7iron decks though.

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I do beilve the JD's are green wrights. Can you walk behind the vride as well ? For hills and what not?

6. rbl525

rbl525 LawnSite Member

You can walk behind the V-ride. The operator plate flips up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lego

The Quicktrak series looks identical to the wright mowers.

I don't have any experience with wright , but I have heard good things

8. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

Wright now builds stand ons for Deere. Been running Wrights for over 12 years. We love them.

9. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

i have both the 36" vride and 52" and if you want and all around first ridable mower then the 36 would work just make sure to go ahead and do the tire upgrade. i personally would buy the 52" and you will be surprised where all you can get it into. the 52 is also way more productive which means more money and fewer hours.

10. lego

I got over my cheapness and pulled the trigger
    Bought the 52" V-ride this afternoon and finished the day out with it.
    Great mower, thanks for the feedback