1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Vride, TrimStar, or Quiktrak?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lego, Jun 28, 2013.

1. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

RBL, how do you walk behind the v-ride? As soon as I flipped up the operator plate the engine shuts off?
  2. lego

As soon as I stepped off I mean

Only the new models have the option to flip platform up to use as walk behind
  4. lego

It flips up its 2013 model
  5. norwoodj

norwoodj LawnSite Member

Take the lower plate off and bend the tab a little that pushes the button. Then it won't cut off when you step off. That's what I did to mine.
  6. Dvasqz6

Dvasqz6 LawnSite Member

7. lego

Thanks, bastards sold me the model right before the flip plate!
    I didn't even think to look / it was on the showroom floor with a high price tag.

They are going to switch the plate for me though.

That Hona mower is INSANE!
  8. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

I have both one with flip up plate and then the original where you just flip half the platform but personally I never walk behind either. On supper steep hills ill kick off te ground to help keep it from flipping but that it.
  9. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I'd go with the v-ride. Recently purchased one myself... absolutely love the maneuverability, velocity floating deck, height adjustment system, compactness...the list could go on. Even is ok on hills- not as comfortable as a walkbehind- but still handles all but the worst. Love the v-ride
  10. lego

I bought the 52" v-ride, Love it. It could be a little better on hills but I think that will come with time once I get used to it more.