1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

VTC on a Lazer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Is it possible to use the new VTC hydro oil on a Lazer??? You know, what the newer Dixe's are using......Would it give it smoother control???
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

According to DC, this oil will help any ZTR. It does sound like you should of just gotten a Chopper. :D

If you would like to read about this oil, go to the DC site and go to the bottom left that says News, click it and then go to Velvet Touch Control and read about it. See for your self what it says.
  3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

How did I know you were gonna say that, Eric! Thanks, I'll look into it.....didn't you say there was a part you had to change on an older DC that didn't use VTC in order for to be able to use it? Do you think modifications will have to be made for a Lazer as well??
  4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the exmarks use mobil 1 synthethic fluid. That might not be compatible.
  5. parkay

parkay LawnSite Member

I am emailing you from a dealership and we sell exmark. I do not recommend using anything but 15w-40 mobil one oil. The exmarks are designed to run with that particular oil in them. You may possibly void your warranty if you run anything else. We have had no failures or problems in the hydro systems of any of our exmarks with mobil one oil. I do not recommend changing.