1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

vulcher safety mulcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fazzy815-66, Mar 2, 2007.

1. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Seen this in pro magazine...vulcher 2 safety mulcher...Has anyone ever used these? they are suppose to eliminate grass in unwanted areas and clogged grass under the deck and turn them into "neary invisible particals"...do they actually work? I would love to use them if they actually work.:walking:
  2. fazzy815-66

anyone ?anyone use these?? any opinions??
  3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think it would work well, prior posts on here didn't seem to enthusiastic. Also, they way they are advertised, and the way they appear to attach to the mower, make me feel it's not a well thought-out product. I could be wrong, I haven't tried one. Am I, anyone? Anyone like them?
  4. fazzy815-66

yeah your someone ...thanks...just wondering if anyone was out there....no posts. They look kinda cheap to me also great concept.... cant see them working in tall wet grass as you know we have alot of in michigan.
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe they are a plate that covers the discharge chute. It is a good concept, BUT the problem is you would need to have a mulching kit to enclose each blade then you would not be leaving the strip of cut grass that it would leave because all blades go to discharge.

An OCDC would do real good to keep the clippings away then when you are away from beds, cars, etc just raise it up and discharge up a storm....
  6. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member