1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

W-9 Form

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cutman2000, Jan 5, 2014.

1. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

Hello, I have a couple of things going through my head.

#1. I moved recently, and my old address is on my EIN. I think it takes about 2 months to update. Should I fill out my W-9(for my client) with my old address that is on the EIN file, or the new, current address?

#2. I am an LLC company(sole proprietor). And for the last 2 years I've been filing with my wife(together). Should I be filing separately?
  2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Do you not have a CPA?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. cutman2000

lol, If I did currently have a CPA and had to ask YOU for information, I would probably have to shoot that CPA. You agree?
  4. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Depends on household income. Only your CPA or tax preparer can answer that CORRECTLY for you. Everyones situation is different. My non "legal" advise would be if she doesn't work and you have kids, filing joint would be best. If she works and pays taxes then separately would be better. Talk to a real CPA! good luck
  5. cutman2000

Thanks nightshutter, that's pretty much what I was thinking, and was just looking for others to expound on it. And I will be talking with a CPA. Thanks.