w/b blowers billy goat vs. little wonder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kels, Sep 24, 2003.

1. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have any experience with both of these blowers? If so what would be your choice for running the machine through yards not paved areas for leaf clean-up.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have not run both, just the billy goat 10 hp, and I love it. I would like to someday try out a little wonder though since everybody talks about them

3. kels

tiedeman, is it tough to maneuver through turf?

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

no, the worst is coming up or down hills..or even loading/unloading onto the trailer. They are very heavy and give you a good workout.

The only thing that I wish was different about it is that it had four wheels, not three

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Little Wonder... Much more efficient than the BillyGoat.

6. TALLEY-HOE

TALLEY-HOE Guest

I've got a Billy Goat. "love it". I have not used much on hills. I plan on putting it thru the test when those leaves hit the ground!!!!! I have one heck of a leaf recovery system & I plan on advertising & doing alot of leaf work in Oct. & Nov.

7. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked up a used 9hp honda little wonder! $325
    I deceided to get it cause i sent out some letters the other day and got some large properties that i don't feel like straining the back with the pb-650...
    It runs smooth and sooo quiet... I think that the echo might be louder.
    I'll come back with some feedback after i do some clean-ups

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yes the Little Wonder blows a little stronger, However it's much heavier. Also, the BG has the movable chute. IMO, using both machines, the BG with it's lighter weight and "super" movable chute is much more efficient, unless you are doing nothing but moving a pill of leaves on level ground......
    Pete

9. kels

Thanks all, Pete that is the info I am looking for.

10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i don't see the moving chute as a big plus.its a nice feature but i like the little wonders better.i don't have any of the new models mine are the old design.small but thick blower housing 11hp B&S engines.the new blowers i know have thin and tall housings now which i guess is better.i would say see if you can get a demo on both.mine are 7 years old and there still running strong ,love them