w/b w/ stripe kit ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Palmer'sLS, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

anybody who has a w/b with a stripe kit..i have one,... will adding a single wheel sulky interfere with my striping? just wondering. as of now i have a proslide and that dont interfere, so any help is greatly appreciated

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

You will most likley be able to see a slight line going down the middle of the stripe. I dont think it would look that bad.

3. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Trade in the single and get a proslide. Better ride and enhanced stripes all in one!! :)

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use a single wheel and it barely even shows on my type of grasses. I leave much more noticeable marks if I walk.

5. Palmer'sLS

i have a proslide now, and HATE it. yes maybe the proslide makes the grass look a little better, but my mower struggles wit it attached. i am gettin ready to just chuck my proslide in the trash and get a velke.....anybody need a proslide????

6. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

i have a 2 wheel velke, and it doesn't interfere. good luck.

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Are you using the proslide on a hydro or belt? What h/p engine? How much do you want for it? PM me please.

8. Palmer'sLS

dfor, my comp says i cant pm you for what idk....but anyways....if you want to email me its tassels7vainf@adelphia.net thanks

9. Palmer'sLS

oh and my mower is a belt-driven..which is one reason that the proslide sux for me....its a very nice design and works very nicely..but its not feesible for me right now

10. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to get off topic but I think this thread is a good place for my question.

I have a couple 2003 model 60" Turf Tracers. Is there a striping kit available for these? I am told eXmark is making a kit available for the new TT's and I don't know if it will fit my 2003 models?

Thanks.

BTW - I never liked one wheel Velkes as far as the line they put down the middle of your stripe. Maybe with a striping kit on the mower the stripe from the one wheel velke would not be as bad?