1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

W/B with bagger probs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Jun 4, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I recntly bought a 36" Bobcat W/B and had a bagger installed. I am finding it hard to move around my properties with it. For those that use a bagger every now and then, do you find it harder to move with the bag too? Kind of difficult to get into tight places! Any tips?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Why are you using the bag? If you have to bag the grass I have no answer but if you are trying to keep grass out of the beds get a mulch kit. You can go both ways next to beds and it is a lot faster. I don't know if you can mulch in Utah. Don't know the grass.
    Also if the area is so small would it be faster and less work to use a 21" with a rear bag for that area?
  3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have one property that I have to bag because of a Magnolia tree. What I do is mow without the catcher toward the center of the lawn and then put my Accelerator on and finish up. It is a pain with the catcher in tight areas but you have to improvise sometimes to get the job done.