w/b xmark bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by browningv308, Jul 24, 2008.

1. browningv308

browningv308 LawnSite Member

hello just starting to think about leaf season and have a 48 xmark w/b looking at getting one of those baggers that mount over the discharge chute i think they are made out of aluminum do they work good enough for collecting leaves also what blades are recommended for leaves usually when fall gets here i don't fool with leaves but have some new accounts that require it thanks for your help

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I have a grass gobbler..I have problems with it giving out to much dust/small clippings people tell me to bag bagger liner inside, but havent got around to doing it. Take a look at the accelerators, heard those were sweet, I know they look it.

3. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

I have an OEM Exmark bagger (cloth with metal backer plate) for my 48" Lazer Z HP. These are nice because they keep down the dust, however they are pretty expensive new (about $360 a few years ago--I bough mine used for about $150) compared with a steel catcher ($180-$220). They can be inconvenient to take on and off (because they come in two parts), but the cloth part is very light and dumps easily into trash cans. The cloth is fairly durable, I have one cloth bagger about 7 years old which has a few holes in it, but it is still usable.

The Accellerator aluminum catchers look nice, but I'ld be afraid of tearing them up in the back of my truck. A cloth catcher will "fold" a little (into a triangle in cross section), so they take up a little less space.

Also, the OEM catcher fits without any drilling on your mower--Exmark put all the mounts on the deck.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Have no fear about the Accelerator's, they are tough catchers. Another plus to them is they do not rust, unlike the steel ones. olde_blue, take a look around Accelerators site and I'm sure you'll be surprised.

5. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

I have an Accelerator and they work beautifully.. love the aluminum (no rust) and they are surprisingly tough as I have been hauling mine around for a few years with only a few minor scratches here and there. I also purchased an extension piece for fall cleanups which allows it to hold a lot more debris. Let me know if you'd like some pics.

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Ross, Could you post some detailed shot's of the extension and how it mounts please?

7. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

I just bought an Accelerator and it is dusty to use at times. I have ben thinking how I could fasten bag material inside for leaves this fall. I would have got the Exmark bag but I did not want that big steel plate on the mower.

8. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Ask your dealer about the dust kit Accelerator. I think the part # is GCDust, you could also double check with Peter from Accelerator.

9. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

The big steel plate from an Exmark bagger lifts off without tools in seconds (it has a large pin which slips vertically into a steel tube on the back of the deck and peice that slides over a lip on the front of the deck). You do have to store the plate somewhere. . . and when left on, the plate can drag on a trailer gate. Also, if you have multiple Exmark mowers with different size decks, you may run into problems. The rear mount needs to be moved forward and backward to fit different sized decks (it is held on with four bolts).

How does an Accellerator catcher handle a collision?

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I hit a small planter wall and put a dent in the front of my Accelerator and aside from the dent nothing is wrong with it. It'll pack full even in wet grass, on my smaller lawns I can cut the whole property without stopping to empty the catcher.