W. Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Sep 12, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Does anyone know if they plan on coming out with a Stander, equipped with an adjustable mowing deck?

2. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

define adjustable. if you mean a floating deck, i doubt they will. i think it would add too much to the over all length, and right now the standers are the shortest length machines made. (so far as i know anyhow)

3. It's called a Great Dane, or a John Deere.

4. dmk395

from Ma

Anyone use a Dane or Deere? Good results?

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Dmk
    You are better Off with a turf tracer. The fixed deck is why i didn't get One Of the standers.
    John.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

OK, now which is it? A dog, or a deer. Hey, what a minute I thought we were talking about Lawnmowers??:p Hmmmmmm, and you guy's wonder why I own a "Hustler". Well....... it's not beause it a mower:D :D

7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wright does have a hybrid of the Stander which is called a Sentar. The differences are that it only comes in 52" and 60" decks, it does have the same controls as the Stander and also has a fold down seat. It really is more designed as an answer to a sit down rider as opposed to the original "standing" version, but is does have a floating and easily adjustable deck.

8. dmk395

from Ma

John I love my exmark metro wb, but seriously how can one compete with a machine that cuts grass at nearly 8mph? Never used a tracer, how is it?

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I realize everyone's still stuck in 1966, but my Hustler WB can cut at about 10 mph, and 6/8 mph is it's normal pace. Plus, it turns faster and is more maneuverable than those "K" turning Z's ;)
    Yes, it's not stock, but that's not my fault. Just beause the people at Hustler can't get it right, doesn't we have to settle for it.
    Pete

10. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

switchless.....what does one of those hustler wb list for in a 32" or a 36?????