W2 Forms?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BrandonH, Jan 27, 2004.

1. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

This isn't lawn oriented, but I know someone here can help me. Due to some unforeseen circumstances all of our church book-keeping was just dumped on me. Now here it is nearly February and the W2's and 1099's need to be sent out to the employees. There's only 2 W2's needed to go out and 3 1099's. We are a small church and we don't use an accountant, so my question is where can I get these forms to fill out? Thanks for any help...I've found this site extremely helpfull when it comes to business so hopefully someone can help.

-Brandon

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

the IRS site is very helpfull for all your form needs.

IRS Web Site

the forms are also below:

Form 1099

W-2

there are usually fill in forms available as well (fill tehm i from your CPU screen

you can also go to your local IRS field office.

3. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

You can order the forms from the IRS website; however, I do not think you will have time to receive them. Most accounting firms have extras on hand and will sell them to you or provide them to you at no costs. Be sure to get form W3 as well as Form 1096 (transmitalls for both forms). You will also need state forms for whatever state you are withholding for.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

go to Staples. You better hurry with those W-2's, supposed to be handed out before February 2nd

5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

You can probably pick up the forms at the nearest IRS office. Your problem may be compiling a years worth of payroll information rather than acquiring the forms.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

If you need them immediately, like Sodking said, the IRS site is a great place to go.

7. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

I looked at the IRS site, but didn;t find the actual forms. I did find where I could order the 1099's, but not the W2's. I need them in the next few days so ordering them is out of the question. Do you think a CPA office may have some in stock? I've been swamped to day, maybe tomorrow I'll call around and see if I can find any.

-Brandon

8. SodKing

Staples, office max, any office supply store will have stacks of them but I did give you the link to the W-2 s above. Click and be amazed

9. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

SodKing,

I went to the website, but the link for W-2's clearly states that they are for informational purposes and should not be printed.

-Brandon

10. SodKing

ah my apologies. the machine readable ones are in red. however, i just sent out mine today and they are not red