1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

W9 or no W9

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fireguyva, May 16, 2008.

1. fireguyva

fireguyva LawnSite Member

I maintain an HOA common areas Theprop mgt company wants a copy of my w9, a copy of my insurance and a copy of my Busines license. Do I have to provide all this to a property mgt. company?
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

do you want to keep the job?

they want a copy of your tax info so they can do the yearly tax forms (w2) and put you down as a sub contractor.

Biz Lic...no brainer. and insurance also a no brainer. Most prop companies want them named as an "also insured" such that way they can make sure they are covered if you screw up. most will also ask for proof of Workers Comp., or some proof of health style insurance is you are a solo.
  3. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

MarcSmith's right. Most businesses that employ your services will request similar docs, if not more, and you should keep these items readily available in your office to fax or copy.

They (your clients) have taxes to file and other paperwork hoops to jump through. If that's what is required to keep doing the job and they are clients you want to work with then I would recommend supplying them with copies of the paperwork.