Wading in a stream of idiots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Agape, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Lost my employee, no call no show. was sick last monday, and I texted him to see if he was feeling better and he replied "not really" I said to take a couple days off and I would see him at 8 A.M Thursday for maint., but then I tried to get ahold of him tuesday eve. for something and tried to get ahold of him until wed I got ahold of someone in his household and they said they'd have him call when he got home. no call.
    At 8:15 thurs. I pulled out and went to work- when I got back that eve. I had a note on the door "hey Don, I showed up for work but you were gone,will call you 2nite or see you tomorrow" ....no call and I left next day at same time.... still no call.

Put an ad on CL and I got 2 people who either did mom's lawn growing up, or does his own lawn- not what I meant when I said "experienced", and an E-mail from some mexi-nugget that will "beat any estimate I get by 5%" (gonna call as a customer and get a deal over the phone and have him cut some bushes down at an ex customers house and kill 2 birds with one stone. I will just say it was a prank, and it's not my fault they didn't confirm)

Needless to say, I'm in hell.

2. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

actually I'll ask for an estimate for a paver path at whatever house I see for sale and vacant and have them mail me the estimate to whatever the address is for the local landscape contracter's board.

3. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I am speechless.........:laugh: