wages

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greenwithenvylandscape, Apr 16, 2005.

1. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

How much is everyone paying laborers? I am paying $8/hr and another guy in town is paying $50/day. I just want to see what the range is. Thanks

2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

8.50 an hour and lower.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

When you offer peanuts all your going to get is monkeys. I do not have any employees yet, but when i do, i will start general labors at 10. If they suck, i'll fire them.

Matt

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

$9-11 per hour.

5. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i apy alot. its is better than finding a new guy every week, month or year. i ahve the guy i want and plan on keeping him around. quite an investment but worth it.

6. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i pay alot. its is better than finding a new guy every week, month or year. i ahve the guy i want and plan on keeping him around. quite an investment but worth it.

7. Kickin Your Grass

My monkeys can run circles around your general labors at 10.00 hr and still come out looking better.

8. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Thats pretty Funny :dizzy: and I'm sure you're right......In my Biz, I prefer any educated bone head that can hold an intelligent conversation with me or my Dog?...The moral of the story-"Treat your Monkeys / labor well, and pay them the pre-vailing rate for the work they do" :cool2:

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My guys make a minimum of $15 an hour no matter what they do.

10. Kickin Your Grass

Your cost of leaving is higher so 15.00 sounds correct.