Wages

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Jan 24, 2005.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys paying first year part time workers that will be doing the weekly lawn maintenance accounts? Given that they can drive a truck with trailer, know how to run the mowers, trimmers, blowers, and edgers.

2. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

I found out what the city was paying their employees that did this, a little over $7/hr...then offered them part time work that I could scheduled them for in their off time at $8/hr. They were all very interested and already had the know-how, been screened by the city, and would not lose any city benefits. Turned out, I only took one of them, but he's my most dependable guy anyways.
    so, to answer your question - it really depends on the local economy and going rates - but that might be a good place for you to start. Hope this helps a little at least!

Matt

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Part time gets the same as full time...15 an hour, but no bennies.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say about $9.00 hour for part time, maybe a little more based on performance and reliability. They way I see it, if you pay a real low wage employees will jump ship as soon as they find something with a little better pay.

5. lrunner

lrunner LawnSite Member

So what is wrong with bennies (a.k.a. beaners)? What the hell are you, and why don't you hire them?

6. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

i think he meant no health benefits for part-time employees

7. lrunner

lrunner LawnSite Member

Well that sure is a weird way of writting out health benefits, but okay. I appologize. Both of my workers are Mexican, and wouldn't trade'em for nothing. :blush:

8. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

So what is wrong with bennies (a.k.a. beaners)? What the hell are you, and why don't you hire them?

What the hell are u talking about. That is benefits.

9. lrunner

lrunner LawnSite Member

Slow down Superman. If you read on, you will see that I apologized for what i mentioned before, and you wouldn't be writing anything on this thread. Just keep on about your business and don't worry about it. :blob3: