1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

waistline is takin a beatin over here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jan 16, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do u guys generally gain weight over the winter? how much? this is my first winter without a job, and i aint sittin here eatin bon bons and drinking chocolate shakes, i went to button my pants this morning, and had to use a little muscle to get the button to the hole, i was like, "what the freak?" i'm workin out like crazy, and my waistline is still takin a beatin. goes to show you, there aint no substitute for being outside, moving around
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I hear your pain bobby

I joke with my dad a lot when we get together,
    his favorite comeback cracks me up

Rob: "Dad, I'm benching 300 now"
    Dad: "yeah, but I bet you can't button a 38"

too funny, I think I got a lot of my humor from the old man.

anyways, to answer your question, yeah, I tend to live like a bear, eat to prepare for winter, and so the gut grow-eth!
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea! It gets harder every passing year to lose the weight also. Used to be in summer I would weigh around 200, winter 215. Now that Im 43 Ive been staying at 220 all year and I always work out even after a hard day (keeps my energy up). If I miss my routine, it is hard to pick it up again. I am going to put my punching bag back up again. I burn off more fat wearing myself out with that.:blob4:
  4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Bobby, are you drinking as much water as you do in the summer. May be the cause. In the summer we drink a lot of water so our bodies sweat more and flush our kidneys more. In the winter if you cut down on the amount of water intake your body stores it longer.
  5. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yup in the summer 205 and in the winter 215 to 225.
  6. bobbygedd

from NJ

that is the truth my man, not drinkin hardly any water. been workin out heavily though. i panicked this morning and worked out for over 3 hrs. upped my sittups to 200. i aint stoppin till it's time to do cleanups.
  7. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

It could be that you are eating a bit more nowdays. Might not be a bad thing if your looking to add some muscle mass.
  8. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

It could be all the working out that you are doing now to. Not that you are putting on a lot more fat, but the muscle is growing and pushing outwhat chub is there. You see a lot of body builders with bigger guts because of all the carbs (beer) they eat to grow more muscle even though they work out all the time like you are.
  9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm trying to keep it under 200 lbs through the winter. It's difficult.
  10. bobbygedd

from NJ

ok rex u may have a point. arms are big, my wife says i no longer have a neck, and my chest is so nice even i cant keep my hands off it. but actually i'm eating less than before. i try to adjust my diet at this time of year. but, i'm also drinkin beer, but not moving as much. i think it's the carbs thing. even coors lite has carbs. maybe, if i just give up food, all of it..........can you live on beer, for like 2 months?