1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wait no longer...wright mfg's new product!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Dec 4, 2002.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Check it out, here is the "velke mower" by wright mfg. http://www.wrightmfg.com/pagetext.hmx?ID=21 I dont know any specs, but I know one of the head guys there browses the boards (sorry for forgetting your name:( ) Maybe he can fill us in with any questions we have. Looks like another alternative to pistols has just emerged.

velke mower.jpg
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I spyed that one on there website a while back ;)
    I didn't know it was new. But frankly I'm beginning to care less and less about anything from Wright. I'm not impressed with them at all. I don't know if it's the dealer or Wright, but since they are they only local rep I've found, it doesn't matter much.

I've been waiting for months to see a Sentar. Still no unit, still no call....:(
  3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Looks like a wb with a sulkey or velke attached. LOL
  4. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I'll stick with my Great Dane Scamper. that is all I got to say
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I demo'd a 61" Wright Sentar on Tuesday of this week. If all goes well next Tuesday and I pick up this contract, I'll be putting it on my trailer.
  6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

I test drove the Wright Sentar at the expo in Nashville, liked it except for the control system.
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmmm. Nice machine.
  8. grass chaser

grass chaser LawnSite Member

I also test drove the machine in Nashville. I thought the controls were a lot easier than my walk behind with the pistol grips. This is just my opinion.
  9. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Bigfoot, I agree about the control system. Maybe you get used to it but I thought that they were to touchy. We I test drove a lazer for the first time it took only a few minutes to feel comfortable with the controls.
  10. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Do you know why Wright calls his sit down unit the Sentar? I do...after trying it out for just a day. The seat constantly hits you in the "sentar" of your butt! What a major pain in the ---!! Bad design and not well balanced.