Wait to mow after app.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sbatzold, Sep 18, 2006.

1. sbatzold

sbatzold LawnSite Member
    from ny

How long after spraying down weed killer should I wait to mow the lawn again?

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

With all the lawn signs I see. They all say dont mow or walk on till dry.. Maybe 2-3 hours to be safe?

3. sbatzold

sbatzold LawnSite Member
    from ny

I was thinking I had to wait a couple of days?

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you should wait at least 24 hrs, if you have a lot of weeds you would want to wait at least 48hs to give the weeds a chance to take in the herbicide.

5. sbatzold

sbatzold LawnSite Member
    from ny

ok, I applied Saturday morning so I should be fine to mow tonight than.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes the label will have specific recomendations as for re-entry interval so check there as well...

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I suggest you mow right away. My customers do that sometimes. No problems as far as I know. What exactly would you expect to happen? You spray the weed and then--you cut off the top two leaves. Would you expect that weed to recover form the applied spray?
    I could be wrong.
    Why don't you try it, and let us know what happens. Let us know what kind of weeds and what kind of weed killer. Don't mow barefoot. LOL ::rolleyes:

8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

most weeds are lower then the grass (if it's mowed at the right height) the leaves will still be intact. mow and go, just remember to replace the flag when you leave. if memory serves correct, their was quite a heated debate about this very subject.. reading the lable (weed control) and following it to the tee, would leave you 5+ days w/o mowing (3 before / 3 after) that doesn't happen in the REAL world. if the grass is wet (with herbicide), i might skip it for a couple of hours, take lunch or do another lawn, then go back. either way no big deal.

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah upon reflection, it really doesn't matter when you mow...The mowing companies usually run the flag over...I had one last week that cut it about 15 minutes after I treated it....