Wait to Mow ??

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Lawn Pawn, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Saw neighbor's lawn being mowed an hour after he had it sprayed by his fert & squirt guy. This is not good... correct.

Not going to say anything to him about it but... just so I know.

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Lawn guys and squirt guys ought to communicate.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Are lawn signs required to be placed after any type of pesticide has been applied??? We don't mow on the same day as application, especially with insectides... repeated exposure to those have negative effects on people... particularily the liver and kidneys...

4. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Signage was there... but who ever reads it, right?

Just wondering if a too soon mow negates the benefit of the application.

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps it would negate the systemic broadleaf control if the leaves were chopped off b4 the herbicide moved through the plant... or in our case, we might bag the chemical granules right off the turf and haul them away... :)

6. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Lawn signage is used here also, but most do not date or time the application. The State doesn't require such. The sign is there for the customer to visually see you were there.?? I date mine and time it so they can't go back on me for not doing anything.
    As far as my other lawns...........fertilizing granular is okay as long as the lco is mulching the grass. If there is postemerge for broadleaf weeds or sedge grasses, they better stay off the lawn. The problem of conflicting schedules happens quite often. This is why I got my license 9 years ago......................me and my competitor locked horns.