waiting for parts for cub tank / mtd pro. slower than anyone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jun 3, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

well it is 10 days now and finally the dealer got in my bearings to rebuild my spindle. it is good to know that a company cares to get guys that depend on there equipment up and running in only 10 days....
    i know now i am only gonna buy exmarks and scags.
    10 days with no bearings i still cant beleave it.. also if anyone knows there phone number (cub cadet / mtd) please give it to me so i could tell them how great and speedy this was.. lol.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

milo, don't bother. i have tried that and basically got the "don't care" response. I recently had my ztr in the shop for over two weeks waiting on parts. Last summer I waited a month once. There turnaround time on their site bascially says the strive to get it back to you within two weeks I think it is. We are much happier with our Exmarks.

3. milo

so you do own a cub or mtd pro???? yes if i did not have a scag tiger cub i would have lost alot of work cause of this..

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

(800)965-4CUB

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

10 days!!! You got to be kidding...I've bought houses in less time. Think I'd be :walking: to another dealer real soon.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Everybody always wants to blame the dealer first. How many times, rodfather have you been a dealer trying to deal with getting MTD/Cub parts from the distributor? I swear.. they force you to sign up and get your parts from a distributor, yet that distributor doesn't keep the parts in stock that MTD says are supposed to be stocked at the distributor level.

So, instead of a dealer just waiting for the parts to come from the distributor, the dealer is waiting for the parts to go from MTD, to the distributor, and then get shipped to him.

7. milo

yes it is not the dealer i know cause i was there when i brought it in and he called to order the parts. they are a joke and than some. i also own a mtd pro walk behind and my deck cracked when still under warranty. it was covered but took like 3 to 4 weeks to get that in.. at that time my dealer gave me a demo to keep till new deck came in.. mtd pro / cub cadet tank parts are no where to be found and if any people are running only one machine i strongly suggest that you dont buy one of these cause if and when something breaks and it will they are not that great. you are looking at 2 weeks down time..

8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a 48" Zwing which falls under the tank category. Usually, if they have a machine in they let me use one of their Ferris's for a couple of days here and there while they have mine. However, that requires me to go to the dealer, drop off my mower, come back and pick up their mower (for a day or two), drop off their mower, and repeat until mine is done. This is a lot of downtime that is ridiculous, and 99% of the time it is due to waiting on parts. I waited 14 days for a clutch.

9. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

I envy the stateside dealers for the access to same day or next day delivery. We do not the same ability over here to that kind of service on deliveries. Does your dealer offer overnight for a higher price? If that is available pay the extra cost to get going again. I have done that many times when I visit my daughter in Houston. Or I call from here to have her send the parts I need Express mail. 3-5 days later it is here. I live on Guam so I have come to expect longer downtime. You guys are right that you have a need for a backup unit. Or a real good dealer with loaners.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Typical DEALER RESPONSE there newz7151, and Not to start anything but you did read the post right? NOT the fault of the dealer, ......PLEASE, and even still yet you blast folks here on LS for not doing business with a dealer :dizzy: BUT here is what is wrong with your defense in this case esp.

He said the part was bearings for a spindle......a VERY COMMON PART that any volume dealer and even any dist should have ON HAND.....PERIOD! they don't carry common parts that they shouldn't even be called a "dealer" in my book!

NOW, with that said I always buy my parts from my dealer and he ALWAYS has them.....ESP COMMON PARTS....and if he doesn't I get the offer of loaner mowers even.......so I guess just like LCO's there are JUST "dealers" which anyone can be and then there are QUALITY DEALERS which few can be...... :laugh: