waiting for the snow to melt????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Dec 10, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

anyone else waiting for the snow to clear up so you can finish up the leaves? i was either hoping for a blizzard, or none at this point. most of mine are done, just a handful left, like 30 accounts maybe.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow la la la:D

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had 3 but 1 called and cancelled out today, I still have 2 left before Christmas, 1 is a minor leaf removal and 1 is major but both pay good.We got snow monday here and then followed by sleet and freezing rain thursday. Its still on the ground here in alot of places, mostly on the shady side of houses.

4. fga

oh yeah. but one or the other... blizzard or sun.

rod, all your leaves are done?when it started snowing, i still had trees that wheren't even near done falling off the trees.. like the bradford pears:realmad:

5. fga

same here. sunny side is clear, the other is an ice slide with mounds of snow

6. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

A
    few clean-ups left, lots of snow around here for this time of the year. we might have to wait until spring to finish up...

7. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

id rather wait til spring more money in snow removal less hours to work and easier work

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Had one, but the snow is here to stay now, got 12-14 inches yesturday. Loved it!!!

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Adam
    We have so much snow we may not see the grass till spring.Our clean-ups will take extra time in the spring thats for sure.But extra time means extra money.

10. fga

i was thinking of you the other day when the news said your area was getting pounded... paying for your christmas gitfs early huh:angel: how's the headaches?

i just want to send my final bills. i was hoping to get them completely done before christmas.

jk landscape,
    i do plowing as well. i can bang out my 3 parking lots and about 10 residential accounts in about 4 hours flat... which is awesome money. still gotta do those leaves though:dizzy: