waiting is the hardest part

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JKLC, Apr 8, 2005.

1. JKLC

JKLC LawnSite Member

I have put out about 1500 flyers in the past week... about 300-400 on last saturday and 1000 or so yesterday. Have yet to recieve a phone call.
    Am i being to ambisious or is this the normal process?... did i put them out to late?

The flyers looked really nice and were professionaly done and put up in a neighborhood that has yet to be canvised this year by any others.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sure you will be getting a response. Dont sweat it, its not too late. Let us know when you start getting some calls.

3. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I know what you mean brother! waiting on a response drives me NUTS! People don't know what you go through trying to schedule work. I get excited. My wife was talking to friends of ours in early December. My wife said that I was out working on the mowers and the next week at dinner they thought it was really funny that it was early December and I was all ready getting ready to go for spring. I'm miserable when I can't mow!

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found that it takes a while for people to respond, and usually I get 1-2% response on the flyers i put out. Unfortunately, the main topic on most homeowners minds is not their lawn, or calling someone to care for it.

5. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Flyers never really worked for me, but useing those de-tatched post cards that go with the throw away paper always did the trick......Even so you really have to do 2-3 of them spaced out 1-2wks apart so your name or offer becomes known to them....Now refferals or recommendations from "Enviromental groups" is my only form of advertiseing, besides the basic phone book listing. :)

6. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

I have found that the best thing to do well waiting is to work on your current accounts, or if you are just starting out just keep on passing out the flyers.

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I've put out flyers 6 times this year so far, in 6 different areas. Every time a few days go by I get anxious if no one has called, but the calls always come. I pay my part timer to pass them out, and in one area I actually questioned weather he blew it off or not as I hadn't received any calls for 3 weeks. Well, I have since landed two jobs there, and people are still calling from an area we did over a month ago. Hang in there....they'll call!-

8. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i sent out 1000 post cards in the first week of march.i got my first call yesterday, the couple still had the postcard.i hope this continues i need more accounts.

Ron

9. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Sent out 1000 postcards, wasn't sure when to send them out, so did it in groups of 200 over the last 4 weeks with the last two groups going out on this past Monday and Friday.. So far, have had 3 calls, landed two accounts.. Goal was to add right around 10...