1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Waiting over a month for new mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EKUHN, May 19, 2006.

1. EKUHN

EKUHN LawnSite Member

My dealer has done all they could but the company keeps giving excuses as to why unit has not come in. On the assembly line, waiting for tires, etc. They now say that it was shipped and will be here by the 22nd! The company rep said that was unacceptable and demanded the unit be delivered by yesterday!! Guess what? No machine! Just wondering if this is common place when it comes to having equipment shipped in from the company!?I have been in contact with other dealers(exmark)and they assure me that they could have one shipped in the very next day! I am not listing any company names at this point, but just curious if this is commonplace. What would you do?
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No, that's not common or acceptable.

Sounds like something you would hear from Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna to me.
  3. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered an exmark Monday and I'm still waiting. The guy said it would only take a couple of days and we are working on #5... I'm not mad because I really don't need it right now but if I did need it to replace a broen machine I'd be very mad. Next time I buy a mower I'm going have a delivery due date written on the contract before I order. If it isn't here by that date then I get a full refund.
  4. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

I guess the question comes down to:

1. Is it a special configutration model you ordered?
    2. Is it an oddball model?
    3. Or on the flip side, is it a super popular model that is hard to get this time of year?

The timing does not seem reasonable, but is there a good reason for it?

When was the original order placed?

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Is this mower 100hp, 75" deck, top speed 20 mph? Uhmm, what brand is it?
    eXTorScaHustleGravesco? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Erie, PA. welcome to lawnsite!
  7. EKUHN

EKUHN LawnSite Member

The mower was orderd around the tenth of April. Dare I say the first letter of this company is a G, last letter Y. The machine is a 48" hydro WB, floating deck, and prosteer. Again, I am very concerned with the time frame it has taken for this machine to arrive. I am considering/should I consider, telling them top keep it on the truck? Replies, input welcome!!!
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Gravely i assume, any company shouldn't take that long to ship a unit out to you, thats rediculous
  9. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

sounds to me like someone didnt place your order when they said they would
  10. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

ordered 2 wrights last spring, picked them up 2 days later!
    I'd go somewhere else. JMO