Waiting, waiting, and I'm going crazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Apr 8, 2002.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

What should you do while you wait inpatiently for more contracts? Besides drinking heavely? Been sending out fliers and no calls, called all my customers the ones I left messages w/no returned calls. And I lost 2 prevous clients.

I know it could be a lot worse, but I'm wondering what you guys do to cope w/the stress.

2. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

I do this part time and am fortunate to not be in your shoes. I am booked with 20 residential accounts. However, even though I have a full schedule and am hesitant to take on any more I still keep advertising. I mainly just go door to door, introduce myself and leave them a card.

By doing this I ocassionally get the one time cuts and most importantly people remember me.

So to anwser your question, I keep advertising to cope w/ the slow times.
    just my thougts!

KEVIN

KB LAWN SERVICE
    CENTRAL TX

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Well, while times may be going slow you can find things to keep ya busy, put out flyers, clean up equipment, play nintendo, surf LS....business will pick up, everyone goes through slow times....Good luck to ya.

Hank

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

We all go thru slow times. One thing I found for me in this area. I put an ad in the phone book yellow pages, and the phone is about worn out now. (just kidding) Honestly that has made my business. For the first 3 years in business I only had newspaper ads. I had only part time work. After the yellow pages, it has been balls to the wall.

One thing for sure, don't drink heavily. That will make your money problems worse. Surf LS would be better.
    Where do you live? I could give you some of my extra. Last year I turned down an unbelievable amount of work.