1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wake Up Call

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

How many of you find yourself waking up long before the sun rises on your days off but dread getting up early on work days. lol Can't sleep in even when I can.

2. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

I like the mowing days. Getting up and going out to take care of MY lawns.

3. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman LawnSite Member

I was awake early this morning already scheduling in my mind when and what I am doing next week.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i don't have that problem. i wake up around 8:30-9am everyday if i'm working or not. :laugh:

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't dread getting up early on work days but it does seem weird when I have the opportunity to sleep in I can't. I have to try hard to get myself to stay in bed until 6:30..

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I am with you on this.

Days that I need up early I am dragging.
    Days that I could sleep awhile, eyes open wide
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm guilty. Often when I have a lot going on it affects my sleep. I usually get up between 5-5:30 anyway. But stress, or even just a busy schedule will have me waking every hour or so from 2:00 on. Likely my subconscious trying to prepare for the coming day.

Recently I bought a lightweight trailer to haul small mowers for a city route. It had a little tongue damage, and the safety chains looked like somebody's first metal shop class work. Despite the minor damage i wanted to run it one day to see how it "fit". I woke up three times before 4;00 am having nightmares about a trailer flying off and breaking loose of the chains. Decided to just get up and deal with it. Cut the bent up hitch off, re secured the chains. Slept like a baby.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I can't sleep in to save my life, I'm so use to waking up early that it doesn't bother me anymore.

9. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

I love my job and what I do, so I guess I am with the few that feel the same. Although, I do sleep in an hour later than when I get up for work (2 toddlers running straight to the room telling daddy to wake up) :).

10. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

For my "real" job I am up at 4:30am then I am mowing till 8:30pm. On weekends I get to sleep in... the latest I have slept in so far was 6:30. I was I a panic thinking of all the time I wasted doing nothing. If I had my way I would be mowing at 6am on sat and sun.