1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Oct 21, 2003.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

I would like a little in put,if any of you have ever serviced a Wal Mart. Do they pay well and what type of services do they usually require?We have a friend of the property manager who told us they would like it cleaned up tomorrow! All shrubs trimmed weeds taken care of and mowed. The old service hasn't been there in over a month! So if any of you have any info or warnings PLEASE REPLY Thank You Cory
  2. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

you know walmart is looking for the lowest price wear a helmet so it wont hurt when that little yellow thing hits you in the head.
  3. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

All I will say is when you bill them don't hold your breath waiting for your check. If your lucky maybe you will get it before next season.
  4. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

I mow a Wal Mart, the money comes in like clock work. No probs yet.
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Whatever you do stay as far away from walmart as humanly possible.
  6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

There could be a reason as to why the other LCO discontinued service. I have never serviced a Wal Mart location so I can't say for sure. Just throwing out a possibility and something to look for.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It's been brought up on here before and they didn't get rave reviews then either. The one here I've heard pays pretty good but I got enough slow payers.
  8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh, come on, don't make a remark like that without backing it up with some reasons. Not saying your anti Wal Mart attitude isn't valid, but please give some substance to your one liner.
  9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck, I spend enough money there. I think I'll just drop some info off there and see where it leads.

I can wait a month or so for a pay check. If their payments take a while, it just means you'll get a check in the off season.
  10. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

This is my first season mowing a wal mart, and I would take alot more if possible. It takes 30 days to receive first check, then every week. If your not in there system, it takes 60 days. I ahve never had a problem getting money. I get a check every monday.