WalGreens

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone doing them ?

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

There is one supposed to be going up this summer right by us. Why?

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have an interview with them. I have submitted a bid, they like what they see, and it looks like I may be doing several. they were asking about my travel. I'm right outside Houston Texas.

Just trying to get a little insight

4. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

They are cheap and slow payers. Good luck.

5. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

they just built a new one up the street from me, sod, irrigation, nice landscaping, probably dropped 15k on everything, not sure how cheap that is......

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't found the Walgreens my company takes care of to be cheap - but they are sloooww payers.
    Everything goes through the corporate office, invoices requires that individual store's number, and hiccups in billing usually take a while to straighten out.
    That said they have always paid though.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh they spare no expense when building but they want you to maintane the property for free. I have taken care of the newest one in my area since it was open. First year after it opened, they said no to fert, weed control, mulch, shrub trimming, and watering the trees. Only thing they did was irrigate non stop. Second same thing. They were even too cheap to winterize the sprinklers. This year they got a new manager and she wants everything done but billed in payments, spread out over the year cause their budget can't ahndle it all at once.:rolleyes: I have to call and complain to the home office in order to get paid but thats after 60 days. If I don't then they will not pay until i call. They are a joke. Oh this year they run their sprinklers manualy, meaning they turn it on when they need to and off when they are done. Manager says it runs for 3 hrs at a time, thats more than she waters her own lawn.:rolleyes: I'm like but the 3 hrs is total, not each zone. So, the system is run maybe once a week. I can't get nothing through their head.

8. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

My buddy does 13 of them in southern CT and that is where most of there income is. And I have never herd him say anything about slow paying.

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto that..... no walgreens on my roster!!

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

As 95% of commercials are,lol. I pretty much gave up on expecting prompt payments from most of my commercial accounts. However I never let it go to 45 days or later. One nice thing is the check is something of a little savings account, you dont even realize the money not there and its nice getting an unexpected (so-to-speak) check for hundreds of dollars.