Walk behind advice please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redskinsfan34, Jun 2, 2010.

1. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 LawnSite Member

I just picked up 2 neighbors whose back yards have pretty steep grades. They're WAY too much for my ztr. I'm looking for suggestions on self propelled mowers like maybe between 20" to 30". Any input appreciated. I looked at an Ex mark 21" but the price was a bit much. Thanks.
  2. redskinsfan34

3. Buck123

Buck123 LawnSite Member
    from NW IL

Go with a proline 21" Toro. I have one that is ten years old and it cut's incredibly well! You can pick them up off of craigslist for under $200.
  4. Walk Behind Metro

Walk Behind Metro LawnSite Member

you should look at my thread " why doesnt somebody make this mower" . Or something like that.

Definitly not the metro 26
  5. just in time

just in time LawnSite Member

js 25 by john deere
  6. Garrett'sGrassGrooming

Garrett'sGrassGrooming LawnSite Member

Defiantly go Toro Proline. I have been running them for years and have never had a problem. They also are very good if you decide to mulch. If you can't afford the commercial the residential recycle model is a very durable mower that just wont seem to die!
  7. cdjones

cdjones LawnSite Member

Hard to beat the toro proline mowers in this area.
  8. redskinsfan34

Thanks alot for the replies guys. Sounds like the Toro proline is worth looking into.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Toro pro-lĂ­nes are great lowers. But for the price you cannot beat the snapper-pro hivac 21" mower. I have one of each and I personally prefer the snapper because it is much lighter and easy to move around. Muscling a toro around all day can get very very tiresome. Just some food for thought.
    Posted via Mobile Device