Walk behind attatchments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kcameron, Apr 2, 2001.

1. kcameron

kcameron LawnSite Member

I am looking into buying a commercial sized w/b (48") and was wondering if there were any attatchments that could be used w/ them? Items like aerators, de-thatchers....? I have used the search links and looked in several mag. and have found nothing. Also, the mower I am looking at is the Bunton Premium Gear Drive 48" 14hp. The item that I am most concerned about is the fixed deck. All of my yards are smooth and flat, but you never know what you might bid. Anyone use one of these and how do they hold up? Thanks, Kevin
  2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

A company called JRCO makes attachments for them. Thatchers, areators, granulat spreaders, haulers, and blower buggys.
  3. Esby

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have experience with JRCO stuff? It looks like junk to me,but I've never used any. I have heard though, that the aerator they make is certified junk.
  5. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely makes a "2 wheeled tractor". It has tons of attachments. They are indistructable and just awsome. I wish I had one, but I have no need for it (but i wish i did). You have to look at Gravely's 2 wheeel tractor. They have been making them for ever.
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

7. Esby

Is there anyone out there that runs JRCO attachments? Had expierence with them? Give ME your input on what you think of them.
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have the jrco leaf plow and jrco de thatcher. i just started using the thatcher this week. it works unbeleivibly well. the leaf plow works great for pushing huge piles of leaves. both flip up out of the way and can be taken off by removing a few pins. i highly recommend them. i have a 48 inch scag belt drive that i have them on.